Prepare For Appointment
When scheduling your appointment, be sure to mention the following so you book the correct appointment with your Eye Care Professional.
Before And During Your Appointment
Here are some tips on what to do and think about before and during your visit to your Eye Care Professional.
Things To Bring
Your current contact lenses or eyeglasses, if you have them.
Your eye health record card (if any). You may receive a new record card from your Eye Care Professional after your eye health examination.
THINGS TO ASK YOUR EYE CARE PROFESSIONAL
- How is my vision?
- Is it possible for me to see more clearly?
- Will my vision stabilize?
- What are my vision correction options?
- What’s going to provide the best vision and the most flexibility given my activities and needs?
- What are the advantages of trying both contact lenses and glasses? What situations are best for each?
- What do I need to do to wear contact lenses safely?
- Are there any long-term issues with wearing contact lenses?
What To Expect During Your Appointment
UNDERSTANDING YOUR NEEDS
Your Eye Care Professional will ask about your hobbies, activities and lifestyle. This is to determine which type of lenses best suit you.
Your eye health will be assessed, which includes measuring your eye power. Tests could include checking for UV damage, dry eyes, eye pressure, colour deficiency and visual acuity.
DISCUSS CONTACT LENS TYPES
Your Eye Care Professional will recommend lenses that best suit your needs. When decided, the diameter and curvature of your eye will be measured. Once fitted, your vision will be assessed once more.
LEARN WEAR & CARE FOR LENSES
You will be taught how to put in, and take out contact lenses. Don’t worry if it takes a while, your Eye Care Professional is always there to help. You will also learn how to properly care for your lenses.
Get Started With Contacts
*The ACUVUE® Rewards e-Voucher via WeChat is exclusively available at participating ACUVUE® Authorised Practitioners only. Terms & conditions apply.
**Eye examination fees may apply at the discretion of your Eye Care Professional.